You want to read more eBooks ? Many resources exist on Internet to read and download more eBooks.
Free & libres libraries
- Framabook 🇫🇷
- Bibliothèque numérique TV5MONDE 🇫🇷
- Ebooks libres et gratuits 🇫🇷
- Project Gutenberg 🇬🇧
- Gallica 🇫🇷
- Open Library
- Manybooks 🇬🇧
- Bibebook 🇫🇷
- ÉFÉLÉ 🇫🇷
- Bibliothèque numérique romande 🇫🇷
- Bibliothèque électronique du Québec 🇫🇷
- ISBN Search: search books by their ISBN
About OPDS from Wikipedia:
The Open Publication Distribution System (OPDS) catalog format is a syndication format for electronic publications based on Atom and HTTP. OPDS catalogs enable the aggregation, distribution, discovery, and acquisition of electronic publications. OPDS catalogs use existing or emergent open standards and conventions, with a priority on simplicity.
The Open Publication Distribution System specification is prepared by an informal grouping of partners, combining Internet Archive, O'Reilly Media, Feedbooks, OLPC, and others.
- OPDS: official website
- OPDS specs: official specs for feed
- Kobo : reprenez le contrôle: install Koreader on Kobo 🇫🇷
- Catalogues OPDS: about OPDS system 🇫🇷
- Framabookin: install your own OPDS server 🇫🇷
- Wikipedia: to know more about OPDS
- Github projects: if your are developer, you can check many projects which use OPDS
- OPDS Validator: to check if any OPDS feed is valid
eReader & OPDS
If you have an eReader, you can think it's an amazing idea to allow readers to get OPDS feeds on eReader. And it is, but many eReaders can't have OPDS feeds because eReaders' makers pre-install only their shops on their devices. If they allow OPDS feeds, they haven't control on what users can read and download. If you want to have an eReader with libre OS, you can install Koreader. The alternative of new OS for eReader is to use eReader browser to download eBooks directly from online source, on the guide Download eBook from eReader, you have an example with Bookshelves Catalog1.
If you want to use Bookshelves with OPDS, you can use feed, check Features to know more about this.
If you have an application to read eBooks from OPDS feeds, you can add new feeds, check MobileRead Wiki for list of OPDS feeds. You need to have any application with OPDS support and just add feeds to get books.
This list is not exhaustive
- Internet Archive Catalog
- Project Gutenberg
Host your own library
- Calibre Web application: Github for Calibre on web (dynamic database)
- COPS: Calibre OPDS PHP Server : web-based to serve ebooks (dynamic database)
- This current application with bookshelves-back (PHP with Laravel) and bookshelves-front (Vue.js with Nuxt.js) with static database
📖 allow to read eBooks
📚 allow to manage OPDS feeds
💰 ads or premium
- Koreader: alternative for OS on eReaders on Github
- Calibre 📖 📚
- Calibre 📖 📚
- if OPDS is official and libre initiative, the Bookshelves Catalog is just a simple solution to allow to search eBooks with eReader browser on basic web interface for eReader without OPDS feeds, so almost all eReaders.↩